INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Likely Dem||Likely Dem||Strong Dem||Lean Dem|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=557" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Thumbs up/down for Monday, Jan. 21 | Our Views – Gazettextra January 22, 2019
- Legislation would target prescription drug costs – Superior Telegram January 19, 2019
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin discusses shutdown impact on Lakefront, other breweries [VIDEO] – WTMJ-TV January 17, 2019
- Senator Tammy Baldwin on who's responsible for the partial government shutdown – WXOW.com January 11, 2019
- Seth Meyers talks County Stadium, Tammy Baldwin and Donald Trump ahead of Milwaukee appearance – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel January 10, 2019
- Senator Tammy Baldwin seeks Air National Guard sexual misconduct probe – WITI FOX 6 Milwaukee January 8, 2019
- Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin makes hay with farm claim – PolitiFact January 8, 2019
- Long before the 'rainbow wave,' Sen. Tammy Baldwin was blazing a trail – NBCNews.com December 20, 2018
- US Sen. Tammy Baldwin strikes out on marijuana research claim – PolitiFact November 21, 2018
- How Tammy Baldwin, Target of $14 Million in Outside Spending, Sent the Koch Brothers and Their Minions Packing – PR Watch November 14, 2018
Republicans believe incumbent Senator Tammy Baldwin is vulnerable while Democrats disagree.
In recent years, Governor Scott Walker and his political success have changed Wisconsin from a Democratic state to an amazingly competitive environment.
Baldwin initially voted for the government “shutdown” and then voted a few days later to re-open it. MoveOn.org strongly criticized that vote and accused the Senator of flip-flopping. Challenges from the political left will be challenging for Baldwin in a state that has grown more conservative.
Before getting to Baldwin, though, the GOP needs to choose between two conservative candidates seeking the nomination–Marine Corps veteran Kevin Nicholson and state Sen. Leah Vukmir.
While Governor Walker is remaining officially neutral in the GOP primary, his wife is not. Tonette Walker endorsed Vukmir. Walker’s son already works for Vukmir’s campaign. The State Senator has also picked up the endorsement of State Sen. Joel Kleefisch (married to Walker’s lieutenant governor) and former RNC Chairman Reince Preibus.
6.6% Black/African American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||8.7%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||91.9%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||29.5%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$30,902||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||1106.7||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile
|Senate Race: Wisconsin (Baldwin v TBD)||Lean Dem|
|Gubernatorial Race: Wisconsin (TBD v Walker)||Likely Rep|
|House Race: WI-01 (TBD v Ryan)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-02 (Pocan v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-03 (Kind v TBD)||Likely Dem|
|House Race: WI-04 (Moore v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-05 (TBD v Sensenbrenner)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-06 (TBD v Grothman)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-07 (TBD v Duffy)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-08 (TBD v Gallagher)||Strong Rep|