INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 09-10-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Likely Dem||Likely Dem||Likely Dem||Lean Dem||Likely Dem|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=557" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Leah Vukmir to attend Washington DC fundraiser with top Republicans 09/25/2018
- Know your candidate: Democrat Tammy Baldwin, running for US Senate 09/25/2018
- Know your candidate: Republican Leah Vukmir, running for US Senate 09/25/2018
- GOP Senate Candidate Calls Kavanaugh Accusations 'Character Assassination' One Week After Saying Accuser … 09/25/2018
- Republican US Senate Candidate Leah Vukmir 09/24/2018
- Leah Vukmir Newsmaker Part 3 09/24/2018
- Capital City Sunday: Leah Vukmir & Congressman Mark Pocan 09/23/2018
- Video: Sen. Tammy Baldwin on the Middleton shooting 09/22/2018
- State officials debate gun control following Middleton shooting 09/21/2018
- Tammy Baldwin says Middleton office shooting shows need for gun control measures 09/20/2018
Republicans believe incumbent Senator Tammy Baldwin is vulnerable while Democrats disagree.
In recent years, Governor Scott Walker and his political success have changed Wisconsin from a Democratic state to an amazingly competitive environment.
Baldwin initially voted for the government “shutdown” and then voted a few days later to re-open it. MoveOn.org strongly criticized that vote and accused the Senator of flip-flopping. Challenges from the political left will be challenging for Baldwin in a state that has grown more conservative.
Before getting to Baldwin, though, the GOP needs to choose between two conservative candidates seeking the nomination–Marine Corps veteran Kevin Nicholson and state Sen. Leah Vukmir.
While Governor Walker is remaining officially neutral in the GOP primary, his wife is not. Tonette Walker endorsed Vukmir. Walker’s son already works for Vukmir’s campaign. The State Senator has also picked up the endorsement of State Sen. Joel Kleefisch (married to Walker’s lieutenant governor) and former RNC Chairman Reince Preibus.
6.6% Black/African American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||8.7%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||91.9%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||29.5%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$30,902||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||1106.7||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile
|Senate Race: Wisconsin (Baldwin v TBD)||Lean Dem|
|Gubernatorial Race: Wisconsin (TBD v Walker)||Likely Rep|
|House Race: WI-01 (TBD v Ryan)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-02 (Pocan v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-03 (Kind v TBD)||Likely Dem|
|House Race: WI-04 (Moore v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-05 (TBD v Sensenbrenner)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-06 (TBD v Grothman)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-07 (TBD v Duffy)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-08 (TBD v Gallagher)||Strong Rep|