INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Likely Dem||Likely Dem||Strong Dem||Lean Dem|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=557" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- The Key to Tammy Baldwin's Landslide Re-Election? Exposing Her Opponent's Shady Ties to ALEC November 19, 2018
- How Tammy Baldwin, Target of $14 Million in Outside Spending, Sent the Koch Brothers and Their Minions Packing November 18, 2018
- US Senators Joni Ernst and Tammy Baldwin Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Protect and Expand Rural Broadband November 17, 2018
- Tammy Baldwin's win – the largest in a top race in Wisconsin in 12 years – offers road map for 2020 November 12, 2018
- US Sen. Tammy Baldwin's claim that VA doctors 'are censored' from talking about pot misses plot November 9, 2018
- Photos: Supporters celebrate at Sen. Tammy Baldwin election party November 7, 2018
- Six takeaways from Tammy Baldwin's victory in Wisconsin US Senate race November 7, 2018
- ABC News projects Sen. Tammy Baldwin to win Wisconsin US Senate seat November 7, 2018
- Democrat Tammy Baldwin wins US Senate re-election over Republican Leah Vukmir November 7, 2018
- Vice President Mike Pence Stumps For Gov. Scott Walker, Sen. Leah Vukmir In Hudson November 3, 2018
Republicans believe incumbent Senator Tammy Baldwin is vulnerable while Democrats disagree.
In recent years, Governor Scott Walker and his political success have changed Wisconsin from a Democratic state to an amazingly competitive environment.
Baldwin initially voted for the government “shutdown” and then voted a few days later to re-open it. MoveOn.org strongly criticized that vote and accused the Senator of flip-flopping. Challenges from the political left will be challenging for Baldwin in a state that has grown more conservative.
Before getting to Baldwin, though, the GOP needs to choose between two conservative candidates seeking the nomination–Marine Corps veteran Kevin Nicholson and state Sen. Leah Vukmir.
While Governor Walker is remaining officially neutral in the GOP primary, his wife is not. Tonette Walker endorsed Vukmir. Walker’s son already works for Vukmir’s campaign. The State Senator has also picked up the endorsement of State Sen. Joel Kleefisch (married to Walker’s lieutenant governor) and former RNC Chairman Reince Preibus.
6.6% Black/African American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||8.7%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||91.9%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||29.5%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$30,902||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||1106.7||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile
|Senate Race: Wisconsin (Baldwin v TBD)||Lean Dem|
|Gubernatorial Race: Wisconsin (TBD v Walker)||Likely Rep|
|House Race: WI-01 (TBD v Ryan)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-02 (Pocan v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-03 (Kind v TBD)||Likely Dem|
|House Race: WI-04 (Moore v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-05 (TBD v Sensenbrenner)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-06 (TBD v Grothman)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-07 (TBD v Duffy)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-08 (TBD v Gallagher)||Strong Rep|