INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Likely Dem||Likely Dem||Strong Dem||Lean Dem|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=557" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Last year was the worst for Wisconsin dairy farms since 2004, new data shows – WKOW November 15, 2019
- New legislation introduced on World Diabetes Day by US Senator Tammy Baldwin – WAOW November 15, 2019
- US Senators introduce “Women in Trucking” bill – FreightWaves November 14, 2019
- States in the Midwest with outsize roles in the 2020 elections – Roll Call November 14, 2019
- Baldwin introduces 'Support Our Start-Ups' Act providing tax relief for new businesses – WDJT November 14, 2019
- Senators sign Dem trade report as Fudge issues statement – Fence Post November 14, 2019
- CAN to Present Prestigious Caregiving Award to Senator Tom Udall – Yahoo Finance November 14, 2019
- Here is the latest Wisconsin news from The Associated Press at 1:40 a.m. CST – WQOW TV News 18 November 14, 2019
- Baldwin asks DOD to investigate Wisconsin discharge decision – WITI FOX 6 Milwaukee November 14, 2019
- Here is the latest Wisconsin news from The Associated Press at 9:40 p.m. CST – WREX-TV November 13, 2019
Republicans believe incumbent Senator Tammy Baldwin is vulnerable while Democrats disagree.
In recent years, Governor Scott Walker and his political success have changed Wisconsin from a Democratic state to an amazingly competitive environment.
Baldwin initially voted for the government “shutdown” and then voted a few days later to re-open it. MoveOn.org strongly criticized that vote and accused the Senator of flip-flopping. Challenges from the political left will be challenging for Baldwin in a state that has grown more conservative.
Before getting to Baldwin, though, the GOP needs to choose between two conservative candidates seeking the nomination–Marine Corps veteran Kevin Nicholson and state Sen. Leah Vukmir.
While Governor Walker is remaining officially neutral in the GOP primary, his wife is not. Tonette Walker endorsed Vukmir. Walker’s son already works for Vukmir’s campaign. The State Senator has also picked up the endorsement of State Sen. Joel Kleefisch (married to Walker’s lieutenant governor) and former RNC Chairman Reince Preibus.
6.6% Black/African American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||8.7%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||91.9%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||29.5%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$30,902||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||1106.7||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile
|Senate Race: Wisconsin (Baldwin v TBD)||Lean Dem|
|Gubernatorial Race: Wisconsin (TBD v Walker)||Likely Rep|
|House Race: WI-01 (TBD v Ryan)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-02 (Pocan v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-03 (Kind v TBD)||Likely Dem|
|House Race: WI-04 (Moore v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-05 (TBD v Sensenbrenner)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-06 (TBD v Grothman)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-07 (TBD v Duffy)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-08 (TBD v Gallagher)||Strong Rep|