INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 07-09-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Likely Dem||Likely Dem||Likely Dem||Tilt Dem||Likely Dem|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="5" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Dunn, nearby counties impacted by Tammy Baldwin's Go Pack Go Act 07/18/2018
- Marquette poll: Leah Vukmir and Kevin Nicholson in a dead heat in GOP US Senate primary 07/18/2018
- Leah Vukmir rising in Wisconsin Senate primary poll 07/18/2018
- Déjà Vu All Over Again: Gov. Tommy Thompson Condemns Out-of-State Special Interests In US Senate Race 07/18/2018
- Did Senate candidate Leah Vukmir seek 'leniency' for fellow lawmaker convicted of sexual assault? 07/18/2018
- NRA endorses Leah Vukmir in Wisconsin Senate race 07/17/2018
- US Senator Tammy Baldwin to Pfizer CEO: Make Drug Price Reductions Permanent 07/16/2018
- Republican Senate hopeful Kevin Nicholson calls Democrat parents intolerant 07/16/2018
- Wisconsin Voters Chose Trump. Will They Keep Tammy Baldwin? 07/16/2018
- Kevin Nicholson 07/16/2018
Republicans believe incumbent Senator Tammy Baldwin is vulnerable while Democrats disagree.
In recent years, Governor Scott Walker and his political success have changed Wisconsin from a Democratic state to an amazingly competitive environment.
Baldwin initially voted for the government “shutdown” and then voted a few days later to re-open it. MoveOn.org strongly criticized that vote and accused the Senator of flip-flopping. Challenges from the political left will be challenging for Baldwin in a state that has grown more conservative.
Before getting to Baldwin, though, the GOP needs to choose between two conservative candidates seeking the nomination–Marine Corps veteran Kevin Nicholson and state Sen. Leah Vukmir.
While Governor Walker is remaining officially neutral in the GOP primary, his wife is not. Tonette Walker endorsed Vukmir. Walker’s son already works for Vukmir’s campaign. The State Senator has also picked up the endorsement of State Sen. Joel Kleefisch (married to Walker’s lieutenant governor) and former RNC Chairman Reince Preibus.
6.6% Black/African American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||8.7%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||91.9%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||29.5%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$30,902||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||1106.7||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile
|Senate Race: Wisconsin (Baldwin v TBD)||Lean Dem|
|Gubernatorial Race: Wisconsin (TBD v Walker)||Likely Rep|
|House Race: WI-01 (TBD v Ryan)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-02 (Pocan v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-03 (Kind v TBD)||Likely Dem|
|House Race: WI-04 (Moore v TBD)||Strong Dem|
|House Race: WI-05 (TBD v Sensenbrenner)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-06 (TBD v Grothman)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-07 (TBD v Duffy)||Strong Rep|
|House Race: WI-08 (TBD v Gallagher)||Strong Rep|