INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Readers React: President is using veterans for political purposes – Morning Call December 7, 2019
- Speaker Pelosi playing games with DACA again – American Thinker December 7, 2019
- Water-rights measure to include $1.9 billion for Montana tribes – Lewiston Morning Tribune December 7, 2019
- Trump Administration Creates MMIP Task Force – MTPR December 7, 2019
- Flathead water dispute is already generating positive reaction – KXLH Helena News December 6, 2019
- Policy Journal – December 2019 – AgWeb December 6, 2019
- U.S. Senate bill seeks to protect veterans from scams targeting benefits and pensions exposed in 'Indebted' – Greenville News December 6, 2019
- Democrats woo Bullock for Senate. They're over Beto. – POLITICO December 6, 2019
- Andrew Luck and Jason Kander Show How the Strength Myth Crumbles – menshealth.com December 6, 2019
- People's Compact is true solution to western Montana water fight – The Missoulian December 6, 2019
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile