INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Longtime farm news broadcaster and ag teacher are VIP recipients – Wisconsin State Farmer June 17, 2019
- Tester addresses senior fraud in Flathead Valley – KRTV Great Falls News June 16, 2019
- Dominoes fall as Stapleton leaves governor's race, takes aim at U.S. House seat – KPAX-TV June 16, 2019
- Blackfoot Clearwater Stewardship Act has something for everyone – The Missoulian June 16, 2019
- Tester Ramps up Pressure on Interior to Safeguard Badger-Two Medicine – Flathead Beacon June 16, 2019
- Senators Call for Action on Transboundary Issues By MARY KAUFFMAN – SitNews June 16, 2019
- Senator Jon Tester address senior fraud in the Flathead Valley – KPAX-TV June 15, 2019
- High-profile GOP'ers shaking up 2020 political landscape; Stapleton leaves gov race to run for U.S. House – KTVH June 15, 2019
- Amendment Blocking Job Corps Closures Passes House Vote – MTPR June 14, 2019
- Gianforte's entry shakes up Montana GOP governor's primary – Times Union June 14, 2019
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile