INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Kevin McCarthy, Jim Jordan Endorse Matt Rosendale for Congress – Breitbart October 15, 2019
- GOP Sen. Daines leaving competitors in the fundraising dust – KTVQ Billings News October 15, 2019
- Tester Holds Office Hours in Sidney – The Roundup October 15, 2019
- A blatant disregard of human dignity – The Missoulian October 15, 2019
- Watch Midsize Cities Fight Inequality and Gridlock – Yahoo News October 15, 2019
- Veteran Scribe Details Montana's Political Landscape in New Book – Flathead Beacon October 15, 2019
- Montana's congressional delegation 'concerned' over Syria – The Missoulian October 15, 2019
- What Does Baucus Think of Biden China Scandal? – newstalk955.com October 14, 2019
- Missoula County commission urges senators to support funds for wildlife crossings – Missoula Current October 14, 2019
- Former firefighter and Billings cyclist donates $60K to complete trail system – Billings Gazette October 14, 2019
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile