INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Bill honoring Montana Medal of Honor recipient likely to pass U.S. Senate – ABC FOX Montana November 14, 2019
- State-Tribal Relations Letter Demands More Comment Time On Keystone XL – MTPR November 14, 2019
- Satellite Law Renewal Hits Speed Bump In Senate – Law360 November 13, 2019
- Montana investigates fed meat inspection system, meanwhile one is honored by FSIS – Tri-State Livestock News November 13, 2019
- Senate and Marines begin Christmas toy drive for disadvantaged kids – Roll Call November 13, 2019
- Udall, Heinrich Praise Senate Vote Designating November As National Native American Heritage Month – Los Alamos Daily Post November 13, 2019
- Boeing CEO Testifies Before Angry Lawmakers – Legal Examiner November 13, 2019
- Montana politics on the page: Dennison to visit Butte to talk about new book – Montana Standard November 13, 2019
- Wicker Waits On STELAR As House Preps Thursday Hearing – Radio & Television Business Report November 13, 2019
- Youth demand Tester, Daines oppose pipeline | Montana News – ABC FOX Montana November 13, 2019
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile