INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- McCaskill says power is too concentrated in a Senate that has 'too many crazy uncles' – Cherokee Tribune Ledger News December 13, 2018
- Tester leads U.S. Senate hearing on missing and murdered indigenous women – KPAX-TV December 13, 2018
- Montana's independent backbone – The Missoulian December 13, 2018
- Sister of missing Montana woman speaks at Senate hearing about MMIW crisis – KBZK Bozeman News December 13, 2018
- Tester rebuke of IRS 'dark money' rule passes Senate – Billings Gazette December 13, 2018
- Senator Blocks, Stalls Agent Orange Bill; Proponents to Try Again Before Christmas – Newsweek December 13, 2018
- Senator Tester's remarks on the Senate floor before the vote to shed more light on dark money – Sidney Herald Leader December 13, 2018
- Meaningful legislation for missing, murdered Native Americans – The Missoulian December 12, 2018
- Daines and Tester react to Farm Bill passing in Senate – KXLH Helena News December 12, 2018
- Montana Senators Push For Bill Supporting Vietnam Veterans – MTPR December 12, 2018
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile