INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-08-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Tilt Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Guest view: Tester will ensure Montana independence is thriving October 15, 2018
- Jon Tester Is Wrong for Montana October 15, 2018
- Jon Tester earns 'D' rating from NRA despite 'shooting hundreds of cows and hogs' October 12, 2018
- Trump to visit Missoula, rally for Sen. Tester challenger Matt Rosendale this month October 12, 2018
- Montana deserves Matt Rosendale October 11, 2018
- Want to Meet Matt Rosendale? Here's Your Chance October 10, 2018
- Sen. Jon Tester earns 'D' rating from NRA despite 'shooting hundreds of cows and hogs' October 10, 2018
- Jon Tester: Vote Hunter October 10, 2018
- America needs Jon Tester in Senate October 7, 2018
- How much dark money is fueling the Kavanaugh confirmation fight? October 5, 2018
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile