INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- MJ Hegar, Former Congressional Candidate, Says She’s Running To Challenge U.S. Sen. John Cornyn – Houston Public Media April 23, 2019
- Senators call for increased oversight of VA's $16B Cerner EHR installation – Becker's Hospital Review April 23, 2019
- Fairfield's Berit Bedord Receives U.S. Naval Academy Appointment – Fairfield Sun Times April 23, 2019
- Montana Hemp Farmers Can Now Purchase Seeds in Time for Growing Season After Tester Push – The Roundup April 23, 2019
- Two events set this week to raise awareness of human trafficking – KPVI News 6 April 23, 2019
- Autism awareness: The growing tide of supports and services – The Missoulian April 23, 2019
- Amy Klobuchar has voted to confirm more than half of Trump’s judicial nominees – ThinkProgress April 21, 2019
- New evidence gets mistrial in Montana senator Tester's nephew death – Great Falls Tribune April 20, 2019
- State Auditor Reaches $500,000 Settlement with Financial Company – Newstalkkgvo April 19, 2019
- Senators move to ramp up oversight of VA's $16B EHR project – FierceHealthcare April 19, 2019
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile