INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Rocky Mountain Tribal Leaders Council Endorses Bullock – MTPR August 20, 2019
- CMS Approves Montana Reinsurance Waiver, Issues New Direct Enrollment Guidance – Health Affairs August 20, 2019
- Trump Administration Approves Montana Reinsurance Wavier – Newstalkkgvo August 20, 2019
- Daines, Gianforte don't deserve vote | Letters – The Missoulian August 20, 2019
- Is Jon Tester Still A Popular Politician? (2019-08-20) – Pop Top News – Pop Top News August 20, 2019
- Bullock tries to find middle ground on guns – Post Register August 20, 2019
- Missoulians to Congress: Pass background checks, red flag laws – KXLH Helena News August 19, 2019
- A Huge Step Forward in the Fight to Lower Rx Costs – Flathead Beacon August 18, 2019
- Monday's Montanan: In new book, Mike Dennison recalls three decades of Montana journalism – Missoulian August 17, 2019
- Feds approve Montana's health reinsurance pool; premiums to drop for 50K – Missoula Current August 17, 2019
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile