INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 06-18-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Lean Dem||Likely Dem||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Lean Dem|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- The Latest: Trump Jr. urges Republicans to unseat Tester 06/23/2018
- Poll gives Democrats early lead in Montana races 06/21/2018
- Rosendale takes aim at drug-benefit managers 06/20/2018
- Chamber of Commerce declines to endorse a candidate in MT's US Senate race 06/19/2018
- Tester Talks with Area Broadcasters after Rosendale Skips Debate 06/17/2018
- Tester addresses border, health care among issues in solo 'debate' 06/17/2018
- Five reasons to vote for Jon Tester 06/17/2018
- This week's letters to the editor: Obamacare, suicide and Sen. Jon Tester 06/15/2018
- Donald Trump Jr. to campaign for Matt Rosendale in Billings 06/13/2018
- Trump Jr. will speak at Montana dinner backing Senate candidate Rosendale 06/12/2018
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile