INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Family of Ashley Loring HeavyRunner still searching for clues – KPAX-TV February 15, 2019
- Sens. Cruz, Tester Introduce Bipartisan Military Reserve Jobs Act – Woodlands Online February 15, 2019
- Moving Congress in right direction; anti-Semitism in Missoula; fewer child protection cases; arsenic in Charlo; neighborly response – The Missoulian February 15, 2019
- Montana's delegation votes to avoid shutdown – Billings Gazette February 15, 2019
- Matt Rosendale's Bill to Save on Prescription Costs Advances – Newstalkkgvo February 14, 2019
- Senate passes lands bill including LWCF renewal and Yellowstone mineral withdrawal – The Bozeman Daily Chronicle February 12, 2019
- Senators say border security negotiations have stalled – New York Post February 10, 2019
- Tester introduces bill for federal study on missing and murdered Indigenous women – KPAX-TV February 6, 2019
- Tester's State Of The Union Guest More Than Just A Spectator – MTPR February 5, 2019
- Democrats counter Trump: How about a 'pedestrian fence'? – Washington Examiner January 29, 2019
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile