INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 10-15-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Strong Dem||Toss Up||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Toss Up|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- 'It's going to be harmful': Republicans weaponize Trump team attacks on Biden – msnNOW January 28, 2020
- Senator Tester Applauds Little Shell Ruling – klyq January 27, 2020
- Montana American Indian Tribe Celebrates Federal Recognition – Flathead Beacon January 27, 2020
- Senator Tester gets in on the Dolly Parton challenge – ABC FOX Montana January 27, 2020
- Insist that the Veterans Administration Cover Conditions Caused by Agent Orange – Beyond Pesticides January 27, 2020
- Tester grills FCC on rural broadband | Troy & Libby, Montana – Kootenai Valley Times January 26, 2020
- Support Veterans and Consumers Fair Credit Act – Flathead Beacon January 26, 2020
- Hassan to keynote Mansfield-Metcalf – Montana Standard January 26, 2020
- View from the gallery: Senators suffer through sniffles and sleepiness at Trump trial – Roll Call January 25, 2020
- Lake County Commissioners voice concerns about water compact bill – Missoulian January 25, 2020
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile