INCUMBENT PARTY: Dem last updated: 08-06-2018
General Election: 11/06/2018
|Cook||Sabato||Inside Elections||Real Clear Politics|
|Lean Dem||Likely Dem||Lean Dem||Tilt Dem||Lean Dem|
<div style="position: relative; height: 0; overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 52.5%;"><iframe src="https://scottrasmussen.com/?post_type=senpundittable&p=541" scrolling="no" style="position: absolute; top:0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 1px solid #cccccc;"></iframe></div>
- Guest opinion: Fighting to expand Montanans' health care access 08/13/2018
- Rosendale knows Montana best 08/12/2018
- Tester will protect MT's public lands 08/12/2018
- Tester's chief of staff visits Sidney Sugars 08/11/2018
- Exclusive—Matt Rosendale: 'Jon Tester Voted Against Building the Wall,' Actively Opposed Trump Agenda 08/10/2018
- In Montana Senate race, long-standing battle between developers, farmers looms large 08/09/2018
- Montana GOP Senate hopeful touts Trump's support in new ad 08/07/2018
- Rosendale responds to attacks 08/07/2018
- Why I support Matt Rosendale 08/03/2018
- Chad Campbell of Sen. Jon Tester's office 08/02/2018
Senator Jon Tester is considered potentially vulnerable for just one reason–President Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points.
He’s been lucky so far as three potentially tough challengers have been removed from the field.
On the other hand, Tester stunned by observers by voting against re-opening the government following a brief shutdown in January. All other Democratic Senators in states where Trump won big voted to end the shutdown as fast as they could.
Montana Republicans will surely use this vote against Tester, claiming he put the interests of illegal immigrants above the needs of American citizens. Whether that’s enough to put Tester’s job at risk remains to be seen.
6.6% Native American
2% Two or More
|Language Other than Eng at Home||4.1%||21.1%|
|High School Grad Rate||92.8%||87.5%|
|College Grad Rate||31.0%||31.3%|
|Per Capita Income||$28,933||$31,128|
|Population per SqMi||17.2||185.8|
|People per Household||2.4||2.7|
State/Miscellaneous: State Profile