13% Will Never Get Vaccinated; Unchanged Since CDC Paused J & J Vaccine

A Scott Rasmussen national survey found that 13% of voters nationwide say they will never get the COVID-19 vaccine. Despite recent news about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, that number is essentially unchanged from earlier surveys.

This may suggest that the actions of government officials are now having little impact on pandemic issues. Data released earlier showed that 66% of voters have recently engaged in activities officially discouraged by the CDC.

At this point, 46% have now been vaccinated, and 14% want to receive the vaccine as soon as possible. That totals 60%, up ten points since February. Those figures suggest slightly growing comfort with the vaccines.

In between are 15% who say they want to wait and see before getting vaccinated and another 10% who are in no particular rush.

Eighteen percent (18%) of Republicans say they will never get vaccinated. So do 16% of independent voters. Just 5% of Democrats share that view.

At the other extreme, 74% of Democrats say they have either been vaccinated already or want to be as soon as possible. Just 54% of Republicans hold that view, along with 51% of independents.

There is also a significant difference in attitudes by age. Eighty percent (80%) of senior citizens have either been vaccinated or want to be as soon as possible. However, that applies to only 48% of voters 18-24.

Currently, 41% believe the worst of the pandemic is behind us while 32% disagree.

SIGN UP to receive Scott’s free email newsletter.

CHECK OUT Scott’s latest polls.

Note: Neither Scott Rasmussen, ScottRasmussen.com, nor RMG Research, Inc. have any affiliation with Rasmussen Reports. While Scott Rasmussen founded that firm, he left more than seven years ago and has had no involvement since that time.

Methodology

The survey of 1,200 Registered Voters was conducted by Scott Rasmussen using a mixed mode approach from April 15-17, 2021. Field work for the survey was conducted by RMG Research, Inc. Most respondents were contacted online or via text while 261 were contacted using automated phone polling techniques. Online respondents were selected from a list of Registered Voters and through a process of Random Digital Engagement. Certain quotas were applied, and the sample was lightly weighted by geography, gender, age, race, education, internet usage, and political party to reasonably reflect the nation’s population of Registered Voters. Other variables were reviewed to ensure that the final sample is representative of that population.

Posted in Poll Results

Scott's Newsletter
Sign up for Scott's newsletter and get his political insight delivered right to your inbox!